I’m a Teacher
My life sucked in the 7th, 8th, and 9th grades. I don’t know how to make this funny because it sucked. My mom had cancer and was sick a lot, we lived in poverty, I had no one to help me through the horribly awkward time that was my adolescence (let me reiterate that I WAS horribly awkward), and people were cruel little shits at school. So, I quit.
In 9th grade I quit school. Today I am a teacher with two college degrees. Wanna know why I became a teacher? Because I wanted to be the teacher I never had. I stick up for the picked on, I watch for cruelty and call it out when I see it, I take awkward and poverty-stricken kids under my wing and tell them their self-worth, I talk to the bullies and find out whats going on at home, I pull kids aside and ask why they haven’t been coming to school, I find out something personal about a child I keep it to myself and don’t gossip about children in the guise of being concerned, I call parents, I love my kids and also give them structure, I keep my word and am as fair as I possibly can be, every one of my students is my kid, my baby, and I take my work home with me and worry about them at night.
I also teach History and Drama. I’m damn good at that too.
- I Like to Write When I’m Happy
- To Dr. Who. . .Or Not To Dr. Who. . .
- Embarrasing Moment of the Month
- Don’t Get Pissed!!
- I Think My Dentist Has a Brain Tumor
- Phew, I am done.
- TRIGGER WARNING! IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN ABUSED BY POOP BEFORE DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER!!
- My Theory on Fart Matter!
- This Is a Long One! Carve Aside Some Time If You Read It.
- Racism and Grieving
- That’s How It’s Done People!!
- It’s All Solidarity Brother!!
- I thought He Liked Me :(
- Dana Festivus Witch Project?
- Transgender and What my Mother Knew
- Net Neutrality ~ Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night 2
- I Did it Wrong!
- Mothers are Great! But. . .So Am I.
- Ode to Rosie the Robot. . .
- Carpe’ Amor!
- Let them Look
- I’m a Teacher
- My 2 Cents: UCSB Massacre
- SOLAR ROADWAYS are Pretty Gosh Darn Cool
- SAVE ALL THE PUPPIES!
- Are Facebook attacks going the way of the dinosaur?
- Aluminum Helmet